Planning Commission & Board of Adjustment Members Needed
Eureka City is in need of Eureka citizens to serve on its Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment. These positions are volunteer/paid, and serve a very important role in how our city thrives and grows. Listed below is the Notice for both the Planning Commission and the Board of Adjustment. Training is provided and a must in order to serve on these boards.
If interested, please contact the City Office at 435-433-6915.
OPENING ON PLANNING COMMISSION
Eureka City Corporation is now accepting applications for Planning Commission Members and Alternates.
Powers and Duties.
The planning commission shall have such powers as may be necessary to enable it to perform its functions and promote municipal planning within the city. It shall:
- Prepare and recommend a general plan and amendments to the general plan to the city council as provided under the provisions of Section 10-9a-302 et seq., UCA.
- Prepare and recommend the adoption of zoning ordinances and a zoning map and any amendment to said zoning ordinances and map to the city council, as provided under the provisions of Section 10-9a-302 et seq., UCA.
- Administer provisions of the zoning ordinance, where specifically provided for in the zoning ordinance adopted by the city council.
- Prepare and recommend adoption of subdivision regulations and amendments to those regulations to the city council, as provided under the provisions of Section 10-9a-602 et seq., UCA.
- Recommend approval or denial of subdivision applications as provided under the provisions of Section 10-9a-604 et seq., UCA, in accordance with the rules and procedures set forth under the terms of the subdivision ordinance.
- Prepare and recommend adoption of regulations by the city governing the approval, construction and maintenance of condominium projects, or amendments to such regulations (UCA 57-8-35).
- Advise the city council on such matters as the city council directs.
- Hear and decide any matters designated to it by the city council under the terms of the city's zoning ordinance or other development regulation, including the approval or denial of, or recommendations to approve or deny, development site plans and conditional use permits, and other permits as designated by the Council.
- Exercise any other powers: (a) that are necessary to enable it to perform its function; or (b) delegated to it by the city council.
All Applicants are required to submit a Resume along with their application. Applications will be accepted at the City Office, 15 North Church Street, Eureka, UT. Applications are available at the City Office or you can visit our website eurekautah.org.
OPENING ON BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Eureka City is seeking volunteers from our community to sit on an Appeal Authority Board or Board of Adjustment. We have three positions currently open and are in need of an alternate as well.
Definition of an Appeal Authority is: A person, board, authority, commission, agency or other body designated by ordinance to decide an appeal of a decision of a land use application or variance.
An Appeal Authority is empowered to hear and decide:
- Appeals from zoning decisions applying the land use ordinance.
- Variances from the provisions of the land use ordinance.
Anyone interested, may contact the City Office at 15 North Church Street, Eureka, Utah 84628 to apply, or if you have further questions concerning the duties of the board. Training opportunities available. Applications will be accepted at the City Office. Applications are available at the City Office, or you may visit our website eurekautah.org.